This assessment consists of 20 multiple-choice questions covering a variety of topics related to CompTIA A+. The questions are designed to test the test-taker's knowledge of common hardware and software components, networking concepts, and security best practices. The assessment is aimed at evaluating the test-taker's understanding of foundational concepts related to computer hardware, software, and networking, and is appropriate for those preparing to take the CompTIA A+ training course.
1. Which of the following is a common type of storage device used in desktop computers?
A. Solid-state drive (SSD)
B. Magnetic tape
C. Optical drive
D. All of the above
2. What is the maximum number of IDE devices that can be connected to a single IDE channel?
3. What is the term used to describe the process of converting data from analog to digital form?
4. Which of the following is a common network protocol used for file sharing between computers?
5. Which of the following is a common symptom of a failing power supply?
A. Blue screen of death (BSOD)
B. Random shutdowns
C. Slow performance
D. No display on the monitor
6. What is the maximum transfer rate of USB 3.0?
A. 480 Mbps
B. 1 Gbps
C. 5 Gbps
D. 10 Gbps
7. Which of the following is a common method for connecting to a wireless network?
8. Which of the following is a type of malware that encrypts the victim's files and demands payment in exchange for the decryption key?
9. Which of the following is a common feature of a BIOS?
A. Power management
B. Memory management
C. Boot order configuration
D. Display settings
10. What is the maximum resolution supported by HDMI 2.0?
CT-A: CompTIA A+
CompTIA A+ is the industry benchmark for launching a career in IT, demonstrating that IT professionals can handle crucial IT support tasks on the spot.
Mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing, and network troubleshooting are all covered in this official CompTIA certification training, as well as installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
Closing skill gaps has been a major challenge for organizations in 2022, and there’s no sign that things are going to get any easier in the near future. As we get ready to flip the calender to a new year, skill building will play a huge role in navigating the ups and downs of the coming year.
Be sure to take the bull by its horns by preparing with our Best CompTIA Certifications for 2023 guide.
Training Duration: 5 Days
- Certificate Of Completion Available
- Group Private Class
- VILT Class Available
- SBL-Khas Claimable