This assessment consists of 20 multiple-choice questions related to the topic of CompTIA Security+. The questions cover a range of topics including security controls, encryption algorithms, malware types, security standards, and access control methods. The questions are designed to assess the knowledge and understanding of fundamental concepts and principles in the field of security. The assessment aims to test the ability of the taker to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and to identify the correct solution from a set of options.
1. Which of the following best describes a man-in-the-middle attack?
A. An attacker intercepts and modifies network traffic between two parties
B. An attacker gains access to a network by exploiting a vulnerability in a web application
C. An attacker impersonates a legitimate user to gain access to a system
D. An attacker floods a network with traffic to cause a denial of service (DoS)
2. Which of the following is an example of a symmetric encryption algorithm?
3. Which of the following is a security control used to prevent unauthorized access to a network?
4. Which of the following is a type of malware that self-replicates and spreads through a network?
5. Which of the following is an example of a security standard?
C. PCI DSS
6. Which of the following is an example of a physical security control?
B. Intrusion detection system (IDS)
C. Biometric authentication
D. Security camer
7. Which of the following is a secure method for transferring files over the internet?
8. Which of the following is a type of denial-of-service (DoS) attack that uses a botnet to overwhelm a target with traffic?
A. SYN flood
B. Ping flood
C. Smurf attack
D. Distributed DoS (DDoS)
9. Which of the following is a security principle that requires users to have only the minimum access necessary to perform their job functions?
A. Least privilege
B. Defense in depth
C. Separation of duties
D. Principle of least astonishment
10. Which of the following is a method for protecting against social engineering attacks?
A. Implementing firewalls and intrusion detection systems
B. Providing employee training and education
C. Using strong passwords and multifactor authentication
D. Patching and updating software regularly
CT-SECURITY: CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is a global cybersecurity certification that verifies the fundamental skills needed to perform basic security responsibilities and pursue a career in information security. It is the first and most important security certification that a candidate should obtain. It establishes the foundational knowledge needed for any cybersecurity profession and serves as a stepping stone to intermediate-level cybersecurity positions.
Security+ is ISO 17024 compliant and has been approved by the US Department of Defense to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and the government rely on ANSI accreditation because it instils confidence and trust in a program's outcomes. Since January 1, 2011, over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited tests have been delivered.
Closing skill gaps has been a major challenge for organizations in 2022, and there’s no sign that things are going to get any easier in the near future. As we get ready to flip the calender to a new year, skill building will play a huge role in navigating the ups and downs of the coming year.
Be sure to take the bull by its horns by preparing with our Best CompTIA Certifications for 2023 guide.
Training Duration: 5 Days
- Certificate Of Completion Available
- Group Private Class
- VILT Class Available
- SBL-Khas Claimable