Fri, 29 Apr|
VILT | GRC-X Series
Microsoft Power BI
This overview training is best for participants who want to know Microsoft Power BI as promptly as possible and dive right into creating a report or dashboard immediately.
Time & Location
29 Apr 2022, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm MYT
VILT | GRC-X Series
About the event
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This one-day express training is designed to equip participants with quick-start skills on Microsoft Power BI. It covers the essential steps from getting data to generating a report quickly. This overview training is best for participants who want to know Microsoft Power BI as promptly as possible and dive right into creating a report or dashboard immediately.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Start familiarizing with Power BI Desktop
• Get data from a variety of sources, especially Microsoft Excel
• Perform simple data cleansing and transformation
• Start visualizing data using a variety of visual types in a Power BI report
This workshop is for beginners and users with little or no exposure to basic programming concepts, little or no knowledge of data warehouse schema, an awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting, and technically familiar with Microsoft Excel. Simply put, it is for every walk of life!
Module 1: Getting to Know Your Data
• What is Power BI, and how does it connect to your data?
• Using Excel as a familiar source of data
• Understanding the Power BI data model
• Understanding the importance of table relationships
Module 2: Data Transformation Using Power Query
• Creating a query in Power BI Desktop
• Simple data transformation using Power Query
• Consolidating data in Power Query Editor
• The M language
Module 3: Simplified DAX For You!
• What is DAX?
• Calculated columns vs. Measures
• Performing simple calculations
Module 4: Visualizing Your Data
• Creating a simple Power BI report
• Creating a simple Power BI dashboard
• Get to know the popularly used visuals
• Basic report design features
Complete the one-day FREE training and will receive a Certificate of Completion from us.